Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome Stella Miriam


Well it started with a three month compromise. Hashem had plans. A prayer and a curse word followed by a shot of saki, some shakes and a new stage. Dr A, replacing fear with trust and many modeh anis.

A good pregnancy, joy, not wanting to catch chickens before they hatch.

Then the date came, 7.7.11. My moms birthday. 5am at the hospital. We knew it was a girl. By 7:30am I was in the OR. The oxgyn felt great. In and out I breathed after the shock jolt of the spinal.

Then I just breathed and prayed. And listened. They seemed to struggle. But we knew it would be. I smelled the burning flesh, heard calls for "knife" "knife". And "what's that"? I don't think it is muscle? Uterus? Is it there?" But by 8:00 we heard her cry! Wow. A day I had prayed for, a moment I had hoped beyond hope for, was here. It seemed like a long time

All wrapped up. I heard 9 on Apgar and then she wasa wrapped next to me for a kiss. Then Adele got me through. I was pretty comfortabel. Nicu.

No comments: