Thursday, May 10, 2007

Permission Slip

We got a big wall calendar, hung it in the kitchen and really feel organized. It is amazing how simple and how easy it is now to keep up with birtheday parties, class trips and medicine doses. Did I say class trips?
Last week I signed permission slips for Ian to go to the Met Museum with his class. So when I saw the next paper in the stack I signed what I thought was a permission slip for a trip to Van Saun Park for Lag BaOmer.

A voicemail on my cellphone later that week clued me in. I had actually signed a paper volunteering to chaperone the trip. I didnt have the heart to pull out so off to Van Saun I went on Monday.

I watched Ian and his class enjoy the zoo - rode next to him on the carosuel and ate a picnic lunch.

And it was a real treat for me.

It turns out it was a permission slip afterall. Permission for me to have some fun in the sun.

No comments: